Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fruit Loops now has Fiber?

Last night I was sitting at home, watching television, minding my own business when a commercial for Fruit Loops came on. It appears Fruit Loops now contains 3 grams of fiber in every serving. Now don't me wrong, fiber is very important in every diet. But I'm reminded of something that was said at the FMS workshop I attended last month. "What you remove is often more important than what you add." If your kid is eating Fruit Loops each morning for breakfast you need to REMOVE the Fruit Loops, not add fiber. It is especially important to teach kids proper eating habits at a young age. Giving your kids Fruit Loops (or any other sugary cereal) is just being lazy. I will always recommend eggs in the morning and you can add some raspberries (a whopping 8 grams of fiber per serving), or any other fruit for a great combination of protein and fats (from the eggs) and carbs, vitamins, and minerals (from the eggs and fruit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment