Friday, September 11, 2009

Random Thoughts Friday...

  • Here's a little slide show with 5 relatively healthy condiments and 5 condiments to be avoided. This is an area many people lose track of when trying to lose weight (though butter is much better than most sprays so long as it's all natural butter.)
  • Yesterday I taught mom how to do a hang clean! Today it was dumbbell snatches! Very nifty!
  • The new Dinosaur Jr. disk is excellent!
  • Last week I was trying to convince my sister to teach an entire yoga class like Yoda. I realize it would take some work and practice but I think it would be worth it. I just remembered this when I read a Favorite Quotes thread on one of my favorite coaching sites (pay site.) One of the quotes is from Yoda, "Try Not. Do or Do Not, There is No Try." This is a great line for people who accept failure because they feel like they are putting in the effort. You can always work harder to attain your goals!
Everyone enjoy your Friday and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I like that slide show because all of the "healthy" food are about 100 times more DELICIOUS than the unhealthy ones! I mean, pesto vs. mayo? Guacamole vs. ranch dressing?? EASY choices!!

    Also, I have totally heard "Do or do not, there is no try" quoted in Bikram class. The hardcore yoga competition people (which is another story) refer to their training sessions as "Jedi training". We are such a bunch of nerds!! And the dialogue is practically written in Yoda-speak already - she just needs to add the squeaky voice on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I say! Yoda speak would probably be much more comprehensible than Bikram speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely, feet together they are. Sideways over your head your arms are. Fingers interlock and thumbs crossed they are.

    Impossible!! My brain already hurts!

    ReplyDelete